Space to Spray



The hat is to keep my bangs out of the way "Bear Down" Now off to my first attempt with space spray art. Sweatshirt is because it's in the low 50's high 40's not to mention it's 1:ooam that I am starting this little adventure.

The hat is to keep my bangs out of the way "Bear Down!"
Now off to my first attempt at Space Spray Art!
I may be a little slow on getting around to seeing new street art or street art of any kind. Though my boyfriend showed me an amazing video on YouTube and I had to try this. Now I’ve been interested in spray painting for a long time and did some horrible tags when I was younger but my parents were rather against it. So I put the can down and stuck with charcoal, pencil, acrylics and oils (recently over the past couple years). Personally I wanted to learn how to spray paint so I could eventually transfer to airbrushing if I could ever afford it.

Well after watching this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXRNEyrkosM 
I was immediately hooked. I had to, NO! Needed to get my hands on those cans again. Though I knew I couldn’t spray in my studio because I don’t have any ventilation and I rather enjoy my healthy lungs. Yes, I have a respirator mask and I recommend them for everyone who deals with spray paint or toxic chemicals for long periods of time.

So I needed a space to spray. My fathers garage was perfected though he has a lot of tools and toys that I knew if I got paint on them I’m dead including the cement floor (figuratively dead, but I don’t think I would ever hear the end of it. I love my father as a side note and he loves me. He is a great man and entrepreneur himself kind’a got that spark in me too). So this is what I did to make a quick reliable paint safe workspace for myself. Plus the bonus of doing this in the garage I can have the door open to get fresh air flow even though I am wearing a mask. Now all I used to convert this space was three 9’x12’ rolls of plastic sheets, a staple gun, staples, ladder (if you can’t reach) and zip ties. Now the great part about the plastic is that it rolls up to the ceiling that way when I’m done my father still has access to his tools and toys. The best part is since it rolls up to the ceiling my father still hasn’t noticed anything out of the ordinary because there is no need for him to look up, I get to spray paint without him ever finding out. Well that and the fact I paint when he’s sleeping at night. Be sure to check out my website to see all my artwork and completed projects: MythicStudioProductions.com

Here are some pics: 



This is the plastic sheets and zip tied space
UP
If the picture before is when it's up then this one must be?...
DOWN




Comments

Popular Posts